August 29th 30th 31st 2014
September 1st Masterclass for young Dorset cellists.
This is the second Purbeck Chamber Music Festival which has grown out of the concerts previously known as ‘Natalie Clein and Friends’, and which started during Purbeck Art Weeks on the dramatic Jurassic Coast of Dorset.
“I am very excited to be presenting the second edition of the Purbeck Chamber Music Festival and to be welcoming new colleagues as well as inviting old friends back again. The programmes over the four concerts are not directly linked but are coloured by the first programme which I hope will be a fitting tribute to this year’s 1914 centenary. Music begins where words end but before and after both comes silence so this is also an important element in my thinking this year . The silence in Purbeck is so specific and I cannot think of a more beautiful canvas. I look forward so much to seeing you all at the concerts.”
The performers are: Ashley Wass (piano); Fredrik Paulsson, (violin); Barbara Doll (violin/viola); Gareth Lubbe (viola) Ellen Nisbeth (viola) Nina Dolginsteva, Natalie Clein (cellos); Louisa Clein (Narrator).
The concerts offer a feast of fabulous music-making by musicians of the highest calibre.
Please see Events menu above for full programme details.
- August 29th The Tank Museum, Bovington. 7.00pm Ligeti; Beamish; Kodaly; Elgar.
- August 30th The Learning Centre at Durlston Castle Swanage. 11am Bach.
- August 30th St George’s Church Langton Matravers. 7.30 Schönberg; Brahms.
- August 31st St James’s Church Kingston. 12 midday. Bloch; Mozart.
- September 1st St Mary’s Church Swanage 2.30 Natalie gives a Masterclass for young Dorset cello students. Tickets on the door only.
Tickets are bookable from www.purbeckartweeks.co.uk and at Tourist Information Centres.
There is a four concert series ticket available £46 – click here to book now.
These Festival concerts are made possible by the generous sponsorship of the family of Charles Good.